5/2/2023 in devlog
Michi shares the second monthly economic report and Fabian talks about quality of life improvements that will be added with the next release.
The leaderboards can be divided into two different types:
Highscores, this is basically the type of leaderboard I have been describing in the last few devlogs. Each leaderboard of this type is essentially a ranked list of highscores. Most number of bases, most number of ships, highest APEX representation center level and so on. I am almost done with the implementation of these.
The other type is more time based and can be used for leaderboards like "who is the biggest producer of basic hull plates in the last week, month, year". While the two types are similar, there are some differences and I just got started on the data model for them.
Talking about data! The second monthly economic report is out and available through our forums:
Click the image for the full report
Please let us know which commodity categories we should add next!
Last week was another one I was able to spend on implementing a few quality-of-life improvements for the next update! Here's a list:
- Address selectors, e.g. when choosing a flight destination, will now open the list of default suggestions (such as CXs or your bases) whenever you select the input field. You don't have to type 2 arbitrary characters anymore for the list to load.
- The user selector, when choosing who to send a private contract to via
CONTD, now auto-suggests your 10 most recent contract partners (and shows them to you without you having to type anything).
- When planning a flight, the mission summary now shows a fuel usage percentage (in a warning color if it's above 50%, so you don't get stuck somewhere without enough fuel for the way home by accident).
- For new players (during their first week), there's now a confirmation warning when they try to invest commodities into population infrastructure, letting them know it's usually handled by governments or government-associated companies.
- The "start base" button in
POPIis now shown above the 3D planet surface view, making it harder to miss.
As always: we'd love to hear what you think: join us on Discord or the forums!