Since Martin is on vacation, I continued my work on the client side. That way I can focus on the UI and probably won’t have any problems with the new server code he wrote.
The universe map now properly shows all own ships, especially when traveling from one star system to another. As it was before the icon representing the ship is being moved along the ship’s route from one star to another. The map is still missing the traffic from other players but that will follow soon.
I also started to integrate the backend changes from the last weeks into the system map. I am not quite done yet, but it shows the sun, planets, planet orbits and the grid again. Next week I’ll work on displaying the ships and their orbits.
I am really looking forward to finish integrating all the changes we made over the last weeks and start working on new gameplay mechanics!