5/22/2016 in devlog
I spent the little time I had available for development this week on starting to integrate our 3D star maps into the tiling UI prototype I've been working on over the past few weeks. This is a crucial step in figuring out whether the new UI will work as I am imagining it, because it's the maps that make the game look like, well, a game. So far most of that work was limited to basic technical stuff and there isn't much to see yet.
This week I started working on arbitrary orbits. The idea is that a ship that jumps from one system to another will need to stop in every system on route to the target to recharge its engines. While that happens the ship will have a random orbit within the system and other players will be able to see it. I am not quite done yet with this feature.