Development Log Week 21

Martin

Due to easter I didn't get much done this week and the time left was needed for mostly organizational stuff.

Michi

The week after easter was a short one, since I was visiting family and took a day off. Nonetheless I managed to get some work done!

I continued the work on the transfer orbits. Although they generally work pretty well there are still some edge cases where invalid results are returned. I am not entirely sure what happens but I think it's a numerical instability. I wrote some unit tests to investigate further.

On Friday I continued the game design of ship travel. I measured the distances between a random selection of planets within a couple of systems to get an idea how far the typical distances between them are. I then developed a formula that calculates the time necessary to travel between the planets. This formula will be further improved in the next weeks to consider different engine and ship sizes.

I updated the renderer to a new version and added antialiased line rendering so the orbits and grids will no longer look jagged.

We use cookies to personalize content and analyze access to our website. You can choose whether you only accept cookies that are necessary for the functioning of the website or whether you also want to allow tracking cookies. For more information, please refer to our privacy policy.